For most of our products we print your label in house. This helps reduce the cost of the label and the turnaround time of your products.
We currently use a Afinia LT5C
Unlike the inkjet-based label printers that we sell, the Afinia LT5C Color + White Label Printer is unique in that it uses dry toner instead of ink, and therefore is capable of printing the color white and CMYK color. This is made possible by OKI Digital LED print technology, which is similar to laser printing in that toner is fused to the label material. However, there are several advantages of LED printing over laser printing that are critical to printing labels. Some of these advantages include increased speed, reliability, improved handling of thicker media, and low fusing temperatures.
Furthermore, the addition of a fifth (white) toner cartridge allows for full CMYK color plus white (CMYK+W) printing. Unlike inkjet, the toner is actually fused to the label material itself, which results in extremely durable labels that are truly waterproof and BS5609-certified1. Additionally, the Afinia LT5C’s ability to print white toner onto dark, transparent and other specialty materials – all of which are waterproof – makes the Afinia LT5C ideal for a wide variety of applications.
- Uses OKI’s Digital LED Dry Toner Print Technology
- Prints White – ideal for dark and transparent materials
- Produces durable labels that are fully waterproof and BS5609-certified1
- Compatible with wide variety of media including uncoated and specialty materials such as foils
- 4.3″ Full-Color LCD Display
- 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution
- Supports label rolls ranging from 1″ to 5.1″ wide with up to 8″ outside diameter
Digital LED Print Technology Expands Media Capabilities
The low fusing temperature provided by OKI’s Digital LED print engine gives the LT5C unparalleled media compatibility in comparison with traditional laser printers that use dry toner. This is especially true when handling heat-sensitive synthetic substrates. Moreover, the utilization of dry toner technology instead of ink allows for a wider range of materials that other label printers simply cannot handle – including uncoated and single color (flood-coated) stocks also provides additional advantage for users looking for ways to reduce overall cost per label.
Printing, Media Handling & Ease of Use
The LT5C supports a crisp print resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi and label rolls ranging from 1″ to 5.1″ wide with an outside diameter up to 8 inches. It is important to note that the Afinia LT5C has a minimum print margin of 0.083″ (2.12 mm) and therefore cannot print full-bleed on die-cut labels, however it is possible for full-bleed labels to be produced on continuous media that is then die cut with a finisher (such as the Afinia DLF-140S). Like most label printers, the Afinia LT5C is equipped with sensors that detect and support black mark, gap and continuous uncut media. The automatic cutter ensures accurate end-of-job cutting, enabling users to print one or many labels quickly and easily. The Afinia LT5C Label Printer is intuitive and easy to use and install due to its desktop configuration, and requires minimal training and technical skills. The 4.3″ Full-Color LCD Display and media handling guidance makes it easy for the user to set up and print labels on demand.
Afinia DLF-140S Digital Label Finisher
- Tabletop consolidated form factor
- Ideal for proofing & short runs
- Plotter-cut from a digital file (no dies required)
- Maximum cut speed of up to 24 inches per second (600 mm/s) in all directions
- Spacious media path ranging from 4.33″ (110 mm) to 8.86″ (or 225 mm)
- Accepts rolls of blank media up to 9.84″ (250 mm)
- Easily cut any label shape
- Maximum cutting width: up to 7.87″ (200 mm)
- Minimum / Maximum label cutting length: 0.39″ (10 mm) / 11.8″ (300 mm)